NABJ-NAHJ August 2020 Virtual Convention Registration Now Open
(Washington, D.C.) – Registration for the first-ever NABJ-NAHJ Virtual Convention & Career Fair is now open! Click here to register. Pre-registration discounts end on July 6.
The convention and career fair will be held August 5-8, 2020. The theme remains “Power of the Past, Force of the Future,” as it ties into the current landscape of not only the nation but the journalism industry.
Overall more than 100 companies and organizations will join the National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) and the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ), as the nation’s largest convention and career fair for journalists of color reconvenes in a state-of-the-art virtual environment.
Highlighted convention features include:
- More than 90 workshops, panels, forums and training opportunities
- A 3D career fair and exhibition hall featuring more than 70 companies armed with recruiters
- The option for attendees to meet recruiters and managers live via video, phone and chat in their booths
- The opportunity to build and share your professional profile and visual portfolio while also applying for job openings right at the virtual booths
- An opening ceremony and reception co-produced with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- At least 5 networking/happy hour receptions
- Three breakfast and luncheon events (the first 1,200 registrants will receive free meal delivery)
- The 2021 Miami Conference Kickoff party
- The Newsmaker Plenary on the U.S. Presidential Candidates
- The W.E.B. Du Bois Plenary, powered by the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
- Special sessions focusing on social justice, racism in America and COVID-19
- Exclusive movie screenings and upfront
- The Innovation Bubble (featuring the latest from technology companies)
- The Authors Showcase (featuring new creative works hitting shelves)
- The Visual Task Force photo auction
- And a whole lot more (including the option to build your own virtual swag bags to take advantage of partner offerings and save important information as you navigate the virtual environment)
Low-cost registration options have been made available to assist attendees as we navigate through the impact of COVID-19. Student rates begin at $90. Professional member rates begin at $190, and nonmember/public rates begin at $250. Members experiencing financial hardships due to COVID-19 and other issues can apply for a hardship scholarship to attend the convention by emailing yaneth@NAHJ.org
Register now at https://nahj.memberclicks.net/nabjnahj20!
About the National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ)
The National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) is the largest organization of Latino journalists in the United States and dedicated to the recognition and professional advancement of Hispanics in the news industry. The mission of NAHJ is to increase the number of Latinos in the newsrooms and to work toward fair and accurate representation of Latinos in the news media. Established in April 1984, NAHJ created a national voice and unified vision for all Hispanic journalists. NAHJ has approximately 2,500 members, including working journalists, journalism students, other media-related professionals, and journalism educators. For more information please visit NAHJ.org or follow on Twitter @NAHJ.
Veritas Group for NAHJ